Who Needs a Gun Trust?

by | Apr 4, 2018 | Uncategorized | 0 comments

Most people who own firearms do not need a gun trust.

Only those who own weapons that require a special federal permit need to have a Gun Trust.  That includes anyone who owns:

  • A sawed-off rifle or shotgun
  • A fully-automatic firearm (that fires multiple times with a single trigger pull)
  • Suppressors or silencers
  • Explosive devices or materials

Everyone else – those who own garden-variety pistols, rifles, or shotguns – do not need a Gun Trust.

For those who own restricted firearms or materials and need a Gun Trust, we recommend Meridian attorney, Alex Kincaid, at (208) 345-6308, for the preparation of those documents.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Daniel Patchin

Benjamin Monaghan, Attorney

Benjamin Monaghan