Property Outside of Idaho

Property Outside of Idaho

It’s fairly common these days for a person to own property in more than one state.

If no steps are taken to alleviate the problem, when that person passes away, probate proceedings will be required in each state in which the person owns real estate.

But with a Living Trust or Family Trust, not only will probate be avoided in the state where the person lives, but it will also be avoided in the other states in which property is owned.

This is accomplished by deeding the property in each state into the name of the trust at the time the trust is created.

If any property is not deeded into the name of the trust, probate will still be required in that state.  So being diligent to make sure that all real estate is transferred when the trust is created is an important part of the process.


Author: Barry Peters. For additional easy-to-understand information on Wills, Trusts, and Probate, call attorney Barry Peters’ offices at (208) 939-2600 for your expedited appointment for a FREE OFFICE CONSULTATION or visit his Q & A pages at As always, your total satisfaction is guaranteed by Barry Peters, Attorney at Law, where all clients receive individual attention to the details of their unique circumstances.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Wit & Wisdom

Life without faith is an arid business.

- Sir Noel Coward


Barry -- The solutions and services you have provided have been beyond great. . . We certainly will call you again." (Marvin B., Boise, Idaho)